- At all times, the amount due is the personal responsibility of the patient or patient’s representative regardless of insurance or other payment arrangements involved.
- Southern Minnesota Surgical Inc. will file insurance information for the patient upon receiving proper information from the patient or patient’s representative at the time services are rendered.
- All pre-certification with insurance companies is the responsibility of the patient. The SMSI staff will assist whenever possible.
- All self pay accounts and balances remaining after insurance payment are due and payable within 30 days of insurance payment/processing.
- To assist with payment, SMSI accepts personal checks, cash, Care Credit, Visa and Mastercard credit/debit cards.
- All private pay accounts are due at the time of service.
- Payment arrangements must be made, in advance, if services can not be paid at the time service is provided.